Open recruitment of faculty creates the opportunity to bring the current and future leaders of our disciplines to Harvard. Excellence of the Faculty of Medicine depends on identifying the broadest possible pool of candidates and evaluating those candidates with a rigorous process that minimizes bias.
The Office for Faculty Affairs specifically provides assistance with:
- Orienting and training Search Committee chairpersons and members, including information on the effects of unconscious bias on faculty recruitment
- Providing direction on advertising and outreach to women and minorities who are under-represented in medicine
- Posting advertisements for open faculty positions on behalf of our departments and affiliated institutions on the Office for Faculty Affairs website
- Guiding search committees throughout the search process on proper procedures
- Guidance for search administrators using Harvard University’s Academic Recruiting Information eSystem (ARIeS)